Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Recipe: Sesame Chicken

I've made this a few times, a few different ways. Just like ramen, you can spruce it up any way you'd like.

Sesame Chicken - not your typical sesame chicken.

Ingredients
-Some chicken, any cut (enough for 4 servings)
-1/2 cup soy sauce (add additional to taste)
-2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil
-1 minced garlic clove or 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
-1 cup of water (add additional to taste)
-Pepper, to taste
-Hot chili sauce/hot sauce to taste

Directions
1. Heat up the sesame oil and add the chickens, browning slightly. Add garlic. (about 5 minutes)
2. Add the soy sauce, water, and pepper. Let simmer until chicken is cooked all the way through. This ends up like a stew just not as thick.
3. When almost done, add the chili sauce.
4. I like to serve with rice and veggies.

Add-ons
-Hard boil some eggs for some nicely flavored eggs
-Add veggies
-Add seaweed
-Serve with noodles
-Use beef instead

I love this recipe--it's so easy, you hardly have to watch it, and it's yummy! I just made it up from a variety of cooking i've seen while growing up (thanks mom!).



Extinah's Licks:

2 comments:

amy is the party said...

Yay! I want to try this. I've never used Sesame Oil before. I guess it's time to buy some!

Christina said...

Yay :] Or you could come over and have it sometime :D